You are here
Non-Coal Permits for Public Review
New Non-Coal Mining Applications Authorized for Publication
|Applicant||Permit #||Mine Name||Legal Description||County||Date Authorized for Publication*|
*Date Authorized for Publication is the date the Applicant has been Authorized to Publish Legal Notice. This is not the date of Publication.
All Non-Coal Applications Authorized for Publication
460:10-17-6. Right to file written objections
(a) Any person who resides or owns property that could be adversely affected by the proposed non-coal mining operation shall have the right to file written objections to an initial or revised application for a permit with the Department within 14 days after the last date of publication of the newspaper notice required by 460:10-17-5.
(b) The Department shall, immediately upon receipt of any written objection transmit a copy of them to the applicant.
460:10-17-7. Informal conferences
(a) Any person eligible under Section 460:10-17-6(a) may, in writing, request that the Department hold conference on any application for a permit.
The request shall:
(1) Briefly summarize the issues to be raised by the requestor at the conference;
(2) State whether the requestor desires to have the conference conducted in the locality of the proposed mining operations;
(3) Be filed with the Department not later than 14 days after the last date of publication in the newspaper advertisement placed by the applicant under Section 460:10-17-5.
(b) Except as provided in (c) of this section, if a conference is requested in accordance with (a) of this Section, the Department shall hold a conference within a reasonable time following the receipt of the request. The conference shall be conducted according to the following:
(1) If requested under (a)(2) of this Section, it shall be held in the locality of the proposed mining.
(2) The conference shall be conducted by the representative of the Department who may accept oral or written statements and any other relevant information from any party to the conference. An electronic or stenographic record shall be made of the conference proceeding. The record shall be maintained and shall be accessible to the parties of the conference until the final release of the applicant's performance bond or other equivalent guarantee.
(c)if all parties requesting the conference stipulate agreement before the requested conference and withdraw their request, the conference need not be held.
[Source: Amended at 17 Ok Reg 3170, eff 7-28-00]
Written objections may be sent to the Department of Mines at the following address:
Oklahoma Department of Mines
2915 N. Classen Blvd, Suite 213
Oklahoma City, OK 73106